What makes Organic Digest Tone (Triphala Plus) so remarkable?
Triphala is one of the most famous herbal formulations in Ayurveda. Triphala literally means “three fruits.” The three fruits are Haritaki, Amalaki and Bibhitaki. Each fruit is very powerful individually; however, together they are a synergistic healing powerhouse.
Triphala is also a Rasayana, the most highly refined and powerful herbal and fruit combination in Ayurveda, and is known to promote long life and vitality. A Rasayana promotes ojas, the finest product of digestion that supports vibrant health, creates luster in the skin and rejuvenates the whole body.
The first fruit is Haritaki. This fruit is mentioned in almost all Ayurvedic texts as a Rasayana. It is nourishing for the skin and eyes as well as good for the digestive system. It promotes the absorption of nutrients in food and supports healing and regeneration. As well, it:
- Promotes heart health.
- Promotes mental clarity, memory and stamina of the mind and senses.
- Supports the health of the spleen and liver.
- Supports the body’s immune system and its natural response to bacteria.
- Promotes youthfulness.
The second fruit is Amalaki or Amla. It is considered in Ayurveda to be one of the most powerful Rasayanas and among the best rejuvenative herbs. It contains five out of the six tastes, which makes it balancing to all three doshas (mind-body operating principles). Both sweet and sour tastes pacify Vata dosha. Amalaki is cooling, so along with the sweet aftertaste, this coolness pacifies the hot Pitta dosha. The bitter, astringent and pungent tastes balance Kapha dosha.
Amalaki aids in purifying the body of toxins and promotes food absorption. When your digestion becomes stronger, the food you eat is fully digested and converted to nutrition rather than producing impurities (ama). Although Amalaki promotes digestion, it is not heating; that is why it is considered one of the best in helping balance stomach acid.
Other important benefits are that it helps:
- Purify toxins by supporting the liver’s response to unhealthy habits or exposure to environmental toxins.
- Occasional constipation because it supports the evacuation of the bowel. It also helps purify the urine and aids healthy menstrual flow.
- Regulate moisture and mucus in the lungs and supports healthy respiratory function.
- Nourish the brain and mental functioning by promoting coordination between learning, retention and recall, thus supporting a sharper intellect, stronger mind and heightened sensory awareness.
- Promote healthy absorption of calcium, supporting the hair, nails, teeth and bones.
- Improve your complexion by promoting the glow and luster of your skin.
The third fruit is Bibhitaki. According to the ancient Ayurvedic texts, Bibhitaki creates balance and purifies the blood. It is ideal for pacifying both Pitta and Kapha because it is cool to the touch (pacifies Pitta) but hot when you eat it (pacifies Kapha). According to the ancient texts Bibhitaki helps:
- Cleanse the nutritive fluid, blood, muscle and fat tissues.
- Balance and nurture the vocal chords.
- Nourish the eyes.
- Nourish the hair by supporting the root, color and strength.
Triphala is powerful because each of the three fruits in the formula has remarkable qualities that enable them to cleanse impurities, help with elimination, nurture the body and restore health.
So what sets our Organic Digest Tone (Triphala Plus) apart from other Triphala formulas? We add Cabbage Rose, which has a cooling effect and supports the synergy of the three fruits. This enhances their benefits, while pacifying Pitta. We use only the highest-quality ingredients and uphold the authenticity of the Ayurvedic tradition. This way, the full range of benefits indicated in the Vedic texts can be realized.
According to our Vaidyas (Ayurvedic experts), Organic Digest Tone (Triphala Plus) is the one product that should be taken to support all your other herbals. By supporting digestion and assimilation, you will derive the greatest possible benefit from food and any herbals you may take.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.