Peas and Potato Curry
Vegetarian Cooking for Lifelong Health the Ayurveda Way
from Heaven’s Banquet by Miriam Kasin Hospodar
- ¼ cup ghee
- Pinch of hing (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1 cup peas
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat the ghee or oil in a pot.
- Add the hing, ginger, and cumin seeds and sauté for 1 minute over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the water, turmeric, fenugreek, peas, and a sprinkling of salt.
- Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Adjust the salt.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve over rice or Indian flatbread.
© Copyright 2019 Maharishi Ayurvedic Products International, Inc. (MAPI). All Rights Reserved. MAPI does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. See additional information.