it's all about balance...
Simple, daily essential tool for overall health and well being
abhyanga daily ayurvedic massage
be your own massage therapist
If getting on a massage table once a week is out of the question, you can practice the art of abhyanga, ayurveda's daily oil massage, on your own. It's just a matter of taking however many minutes you can spare — from two to 20 — to give your skin some love. It's a powerful tool before or after a shower, and has healing qualities. This gentle massage will increase circulation, loosen toxins, and stimulate nerve endings, resulting in a sense of calm you can carry with you. Follow these how-to instructions the first time, and soon you'll be a pro.
Place a small amount of Youthful Skin Massage Oil for Women or Youthful Skin Massage Oil for Men in the palm of your hand for each point listed below. Massage in a circular direction over joints, and in a back-and-forth motion over long bones.
- Massage the face and outer part of the ears.
- Massage both the front and back of the neck and the upper part of the spine.
- Massage the arms, using a back-and-forth motion over the long bones and a circular motion over the joints.
- Use a circular motion to massage over the heart and a clockwise motion over the abdomen.
- Massage the legs, using the same long motion over the leg bones and a circular motion over the joints.
- Last but not least, massage the feet. Use the open part of your hand to massage vigorously back-and-forth over the soles.
Youthful Skin Massage Oil for Women and Youthful Skin Massage Oil for Men are precise blends of ayurvedic herbs and pure essential oils that penetrate quickly into the skin. A good time to do the above massage is right after showering. Using small amounts will help you avoid feeling too oily. After abhyanga you can use a natural-bristle body brush with a vigorous motion upward toward your heart on the front and back of your feet, legs, arms, back and tummy. This is really easy and takes less than five minutes in the morning. It can be done before going to bed as well. A good time to do the above massage is either before or after showering.