Supports healthy cholesterol levels
Are you confused about cholesterol and whether certain fats are healthy or unhealthy?
No wonder. So many myths surround the subject of cholesterol. Did you know, for instance, that cholesterol is not inherently bad for you? In fact, when combined with another lipid, triglyceride, it forms some of your body’s most important building blocks, structuring cells and forming natural steroid hormones. It also manufactures Vitamin D, which controls calcium absorption, protects your bones and raises energy levels.
Did you know that 80% of the cholesterol in your body doesn’t come from the food you eat? It’s produced in your liver. This means that supporting your liver is the most important thing you can do for cholesterol health.
When your liver is in balance, it produces more of the good kind of cholesterol — HDL or high-density lipoprotein, which supports the health of the arteries. How much “good” cholesterol your body produces depends on one thing: how well your body metabolizes fats.
Cholesterol Protection is a nourishing blend of herbs that supports your body’s ability to do just that. It helps support healthy liver function, balances bile secretion and helps to support healthy cholesterol levels in your blood. Along with eating a low-fat, high-fiber diet, Cholesterol Protection gives you the extra help you need to promote healthy cholesterol levels already within a normal range.
The role of cholesterol in the body is to synthesize and support cell membranes, make Vitamin D, help insulate nerves and help your liver make bile acids. Support cholesterol health by promoting the body’s natural ability to metabolize fats with Cholesterol Protection.
- Supports healthy liver function
- Aids digestion
- Helps flush excess toxins from the body
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels already within a normal range
- Helps purify the blood and fat tissue
- Promotes healthy bile secretion
Guggul, Turmeric, Amla, Belleric myrobalan, Chebulic myrobalan, Nyctanthes arbor-tristis, Phyllanthus, Indian tinospora, Hemidesmus indicus, Indian madder, Mineral pitch, Licorice, Ginger, Long pepper, Pepper, Zinc.
Suggested Use: Take 1 tablet twice daily with light meals, for 15 days. Then you can increase up to 2 tablets twice daily. Monitor blood cholesterol levels after 30 days. For maximum results, take 1-2 tablets of Organic Digest Tone at bedtime.
Important: If you are pregnant or nursing, or have a known medical condition, consult your physician before taking this or any other dietary supplement. Store in a cool and dry place, lid tightly closed. Keep out of reach of children.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy Cholesterol Levels
Besides monitoring your cholesterol levels, it’s important to follow a healthy ayurvedic diet and daily routine to enhance fat metabolism. Here are some tips:
- Try to avoid fermented foods such as alcohol or vinegar. Avoid foods that contain chemicals, preservatives, additives, and artificial flavors and colors because these can interfere with liver function.
- Eat a high-fiber diet rich in fresh fruits, vegetables (especially leafy greens), nuts, whole grains, and whole cereals such as oatmeal.
- Limit fat in your diet, but don’t try to cut it out completely. Focus on reducing saturated fats, such as butter and red meats. Avoid all trans-fats, including hydrogenated and partially-hydrogenated oils found in margarine and in most processed breads, crackers, cereals and desserts.
- Choose fresh foods cooked with small amounts of unsaturated fats such as organic olive oil.
- Include more walnuts in your diet. Some studies have shown that walnuts support cholesterol health.
- Season your meals with turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel and clove, as these promote healthy fat metabolism. Use Organic Calming Vata, Organic Cooling Pitta or Organic Stimulating Kapha Spice Mix to help balance any existing dosha imbalances.
- Favoring a diet high in omega-3 fatty acids can help triglyceride levels and support heart health. Sources of omega-3 fatty acids include flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, walnuts, soybean oil, cod liver oil, and fish oil.
- Exercise regularly and drink plenty of warm water throughout the day to help flush out toxins. Also try to avoid excess body weight.
- Try 1 teaspoon of psyllium husks in a cup of water each night, or include high-fiber bran in your diet.
- Avoid excessive salt in your food.
- Practicing the Transcendental Meditation™ program, or other stress-reduction techniques, can help promote optimal heart health.