Tested and Safe
Our Commitment to Purity
Maharishi Ayurveda Products International
If you are taking any herbal products from India or elsewhere in the world, we recommend that you verify that the products are tested for safety.
Maharishi Ayurveda USA uses only ingredients and herbal products that meet our rigorous standards for safety. We follow the traditional methods of Ayurveda while employing the highest standards of quality control. To ensure purity, Maharishi Ayurveda USA products are tested before, during and after manufacture and then tested again by an A2LA accredited independent analytical laboratory in the US (that meets ISO 17025:1999 standards), prior to distribution.
These tests include examination for:
- Heavy metals (lead, arsenic, cadmium and mercury)
- Residual pesticides
- Microbiological contamination (including E. coli, coliforms, staph and salmonella)
MAPI’s products far exceed the standards set by:
- American Herbal Products Association (AHPA), which specifies that dietary supplements should not contain more than 6 micrograms per day of lead.
- The World Health Organization’s provisional tolerable weekly lead intake level (PTWI) of 25 micrograms of lead per kilogram of body weight, which would be a daily tolerance level of 250 micrograms per day for an adult weighing 70 kg or 154 lbs.1
- The American National Standards Institute (ANSI), which specifies that dietary supplements should not contain more than 20 micrograms per day of lead.2
Our manufacturing facilities carry multiple certifications including:
- ISO-9001 Certification - The ISO (International Organization for Standardization) - ISO is the world's largest developer and publisher of International Standards. Maharishi Ayurveda Products International meets the ISO’s stringent requirements for quality in the design, production, and export of herbal products.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP & cGMP) Certification - Conducted by an independent panel of experts; certifies that Maharishi Ayurveda Products International products are “fault-free, safe and have consistent quality.”
As a leader in the global resurgence of Ayurveda, Maharishi Ayurveda USA embraces several guiding principles, including rigorous testing and a health model that supports balance in mind, body and spirit.
We take your health and well-being seriously. It is our highest priority and founding principle.
1 “Exposure of children to chemical hazards in food,” World Health Organization. Fact Sheet No. 4.4. May 2007. http://www.euro.who.int/en. This document refers to the following document as the source of PTWI: Global Environment Monitoring System – Food Contamination Monitoring and Assessment Programme (GEMS/Food) Contaminants Database [online database].
2 NSF International Standard/American National Standard #173 for Dietary Supplements. Ann Arbor, MI: NSF International; 2006.