Shop by Health Goal: Sugar Metabolism System
You don't have to be diabetic to have a sugar problem. If you're overweight, there's a good chance that you also have high blood sugar. Eating too many heavy, sweet, oily foods... ice-cold drinks... a lack of exercise... long-term stress... family history -- these same factors are linked to both weight gain and sugar intolerance. Processed, easily digested carbohydrates and sweets can disrupt normal fat metabolism, which can dramatically raise your blood sugar levels. But at a deeper level, sugar intolerance is due to a cellular imbalance. When the liver and pancreas get bogged down with sugar metabolism, the digestion, assimilation and metabolism of nutrients is hampered. These three processes -- digestion, assimilation and metabolism -- affect all areas of life. That's how the body builds cells. Poor metabolism results in unhealthy cells. And when the cells don't work right, your metabolism gets even more out of balance. It's a vicious cycle that can spiral out of control.
Enhance Sugar Metabolism Naturally
The Sugar Metabolism System, especially the Glucostat herbal formula, will help you break out of the vicious cycle of poor metabolism and unhealthy cells by:
- improving digestion, metabolism and assimilation
- strengthening kidney and liver function
- boosting fat metabolism
- balancing blood chemistry
- enhancing nerve function in the legs
The Sugar Metabolism System promotes normal blood sugar levels. Plus, you'll assimilate more vital nutrients from your food and have more energy.
Sugar Metabolism System Guidelines
Follow the Sugar Metabolism System recommendations for diet and lifestyle.
- Take Glucostat for high sugar metabolism. This formula is not meant for persons with low blood sugar.
- Add Organic Kapha Tea and Organic Stimulating Spice Mix to your diet to help balance Kapha and strengthen sugar metabolism.
Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Favor the Kapha balancing diet -- light, dry, warm, pungent, bitter and astringent foods.
- Well-cooked, leafy green vegetables are especially recommended.
- Avoid heavy foods such as meats, cheeses and other dairy products that are hard to digest.
- Reduce sweet, sour and salty foods.
- The herbal seasoning, Organic Stimulating Spice Mix helps strengthen sugar metabolism. You can cook with it or sprinkle it on your meals.
- Drink lots of plain warm water, which helps flush toxins that can inhibit valuable liver and pancreas functions.
- Avoid fasting or skipping meals which stresses the body and decreases the flow of valuable nutrients.
- Take plenty of rest. Go to sleep before 10 p.m., when your body begins to remove impurities.
- Avoid exposure to cold or damp weather.
- Get adequate exercise for your age and level of health.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.