Shop by Health Goal: Blissful Sleep System
The difference between a good and bad night's sleep is like day and night. With one, you feel refreshed and happy. The other makes you feel tired and grumpy.
According to The Council of Maharishi Ayurveda Physicians, the key factors that affect sleep are the mind, the five senses and the link between them. When the mind disengages from the senses, sleep is sound and deep, "like a log." If the mind is worried or agitated before bed, it stays connected to the senses, keeping them active. Sleep will be restless or it may not come at all. Stress, frustration, bad food and sensory overload can all keep the mind and senses active and disturb sleep.
Sleep quality is more important than quantity. The deeper you sleep, the more rest the body gains.
A Better Quality of Sleep
The Blissful Sleep System helps you gain a deeper, more rejuvenating sleep — so you feel healthier, happier, and more full of life. The system helps balance all factors related to sleep. It calms the mind, senses, and nervous system; increases feelings of contentment to put the mind at ease; and helps balance mental functioning so you feel more alert and productive in the morning.
The Blissful Sleep System Guidelines
- Take the appropriate herbal formulas to help promote a deeper, more rejuvenating quality of sleep. The Blissful Sleep herbal tablets are a gentle, natural sleep aid that work in conjunction with the formula that addresses your particular imbalance. Take Deep Rest herbal tablets to support sleeping through the night and to help in returning to sleep when awakened.
- Drink Slumber Time Tea before bed to help calm the mind and emotions.
- Enjoy the soothing fragrance of Slumber Time Therapeutic Aroma oil blend in a diffuser by your bed.
- Apply Youthful Skin Massage Oil to your hands and feet before bed. This non-greasy oil absorbs quickly, and helps you enjoy a deeper sleep.
- Listen to ten minutes of Sama Veda before bed — this melodic Sanskrit chanting helps calm the nerves and settle the mind.
- Follow the Blissful Sleep System guidelines for diet and daily routine.
- If possible, finish the evening meal at least two to three hours before bed.
- Add Poppy Seed Chutney to your diet.
- Take a teaspoon of Organic Rose Petal Spread in a cup of warm milk before bed.
- Give yourself an oil massage (abhyanga) before your morning shower. It helps calm the mind and nervous system (Vata).
- A warm bath or shower before bed has a relaxing, calming effect.
- Favor calming or settling activities as bedtime draws near.
- The Transcendental Meditation® program has been found to reduce insomnia, as well as stress and anxiety.
- Favor calming or settling activities at night.
- Go to bed before 10 p.m. during the drowsy Kapha time of night.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.