Shop by Health Goal: Mind System
From the ayurvedic perspective, mental ability can be classified into three categories: learning (dhi), retention (dhriti) and recall (smriti). The mind/body relationship is complex. Ayurveda defines three parts to this delicate balance: thoughts, the senses and the nervous system (Prana Vata); the emotions and the heart (Sadhaka Pitta); and cerebrospinal fluids and the communication between the thoughts and the emotions (Tarpaka Kapha). Finally, there is the relationship between consciousness, the mind and the body. The master coordinator among them is ojas — the most highly refined product of digestion that supports mental ability and a wide range of vital functions within the body.
Powerful Nourishment for the Mind
The Mind Plus System strengthens and balances all the mind/body factors for improved mental energy and alertness. It provides powerful nutrition to the brain, helping to increase mental focus; enhances the ability to imbibe information and recall and apply it when needed; and improves mind/body coordination. Stress, pollution, poor nourishment and advancing age can take a toll on mental ability, so that often we use only a fraction of our full innate mental potential. With the Mind Plus System you can effectively combat these factors for enhanced mental potential and functioning.
Mind Plus System Guidelines
- Follow the Mind Plus System recommendations for diet and lifestyle.
- Take the Mind Plus syrup to enhance mental functioning when you're under stress.
- Take Intelligence Plus (formerly Study Power) tablets to help increase your ability to focus and to help learn new information.
- Take Organic Youthful Mind to help support memory and mental clarity which can deteriorate with age. This formula helps remove toxins that can block your mental abilities.
- Use Moisturizing Herbal Massage Oil to help balance the nervous system and increase vitality.
Stress inhibits mental functioning. The Transcendental Meditation® program is the most effective way to alleviate all types of stress.
Vata Recommendations (if lack of focus is a problem)
- Favor calming foods that are sweet, sour, salty, warm, heavy and oily.
- Establish a regular daily routine, go to bed early and keep warm, especially when the weather is cold and windy.
- The Calming Spice Mix will help.
Pitta Recommendations (if intensity, unhappiness and overheating are problems)
- Favor cooling foods that are sweet, bitter, astringent, cool, heavy and dry.
- Make time for leisure, don't skip meals, and stay cool, especially when the weather is hot.
- Add the Cooling Spice Mix to your daily routine.
Kapha Recommendations (if lethargy and fogginess are problems)
- Favor stimulating foods that are pungent, bitter, astringent, warm, light and dry.
- Seek variety and new things in life, don't overeat, exercise regularly and stay warm, especially when the weather is cold and damp.
- Use Stimulating Spice Mix.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.