Shop by Health Goal: Smooth Cycle System
Just as nature goes through cycles of rest and rejuvenation, your body is constantly renewing itself. Menstruation is part of that process. It's a time for internal purification, which is best supported by rest and a healthy diet. Because of our hectic lifestyles and the delicate, interactive balance between hormones, emotions and menstruation, it's easy for a woman's physiology to get out of kilter. Emotional stress, poor diet and digestion, and stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol contribute to impurities that block Apana Vata, the impulse that governs downward movement. When Apana Vata is out of balance, this causes an imbalance in the normal downward flow of menstruation. The result is cramps, irritability, irregularity, infertility and more.
An easy monthly cycle that comes on time
The Smooth Cycle System will help you on a daily basis by reducing digestive impurities that can lead to menstrual discomfort. It also nourishes and balances your hormones, emotions, mind, liver, blood, hemoglobin, digestion, bones and fertility. So not only will you feel more comfortable during menstruation, but you'll feel calmer and happier throughout the entire month.
Smooth Cycle System Guidelines
- Take Smooth Cycle tablets to help promote comfort and calm, and balanced emotions for the entire monthly cycle.
- Before your morning shower, massage yourself with Moisturizing Massage Oil to help maintain emotional and mental balance.
- Follow the Smooth Cycle System guidelines for diet and daily routine.
- Drink plenty of warm water.
- Avoid ice-cold and carbonated drinks. They disrupt digestion.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol.
- Add coconut, raisins, figs, papaya and sweet juicy fruits to your diet. They help with balanced digestion and elimination.
- Eat one to two slices of fresh ginger before meals to enhance blood flow and settle the stomach.
- Take only a moderate amount of sugar.
- A low salt diet helps ease water retention.
- Avoid red meat.
- Avoid fried foods. When you do fry, cook with ghee (clarified butter), cumin, ginger and turmeric.
- Try to avoid stress and get extra rest, especially during menstrual discomfort.
- The Transcendental Meditation® program effectively eliminates stress.
- Don't divide your attention by reading, working or watching TV while you are eating.
- Try to savor and enjoy meals.
- Regular elimination, sleep and stress are important co-factors for comfort.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.