Shop by Health Goal: Menopause System
In many cultures, menopause is looked upon as a time of greater freedom and happiness. Yet, our society assumes that this natural life change will be burdened with disease-like symptoms and lifestyle restrictions. It's true that accumulated impurities combined with the sudden physiological changes of menopause can lead to a range of interrelated imbalances and symptoms. But they can be alleviated. Begin to experience greater nutritional support with the Menopause System. Menopause is a gradual process that occurs over a period of years as the ovaries stop producing estrogen. It's important to prevent and reduce a build-up of impurities ama early on, to avoid imbalances such as hot flashes, vaginal dryness, mood swings and weak, brittle bones.
Balance your hormones, emotions and body temperature
The good news is that all the major systems of your body are constantly shifting and renewing themselves. So if you've begun to experience some uncomfortable midlife changes, our Menopause System can help with a change for the better. The Menopause System helps balance, strengthen and nourish related functions, such as the hormones, emotions, assimilation and formation of the blood, muscles and bones. It will help you feel yourself again, with more stability, comfort and digestion, which decreases the production of ama.
Menopause System Guidelines
- If you are over 35, take Midlife for Women I herbal formula to help clear out impurities, nourish the uterus and help improve calcium absorption before and during menopause.
- Take Midlife for Women II herbal formula during menopause to help balance the hormones, emotions, mind, nerves, elimination and blood.
- If you are experiencing hot flashes or mood swings, take the Blissful Joy herbal supplement to help uplift the emotions and improve metabolism.
- Use the Blissful Heart Therapeutic Aroma Oil blend to help restore inner harmony.
- Take Calcium Support to improve calcium absorption and boost the bone-building process during and after menopause.
- Eat foods that are easy for the body to digest.
- Eat the biggest meal at mid-day, when the digestive fire is strongest.
- Favor fresh foods. Avoid leftovers.
- Avoid cold or iced drinks which decrease the digestive fire.
- Do a daily warm oil massage (abhyanga). It's calming and balancing for the emotions and functions related to menopause.
- Go to bed by 10:00 p.m. so the body is at rest during the natural purification period from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.