Shop by Health Goal: Joints System
The human body is a biomechanical dream. The vast network of bones, muscles and joints fit together perfectly and work more smoothly than any machine. But deposits of digestive impurities in the joints can jam your "machine" and cause you to experience stiffness, aches and pains. Poor eating habits and weak digestion allow impurities, called ama, to accumulate, circulate and build up in the joints. This inhibits joint function, mobility and comfort. Impurities can accumulate faster than the body eliminates them, so cleansing alone is not enough.
The key to preventing a toxic buildup is to create healthier joint cells. The single ingredient in Premium Amla Berry (Indian Gooseberry or Amla) is especially beneficial to building healthy muscle and providing nourishment to the deepest levels of the mind and body.
Another common type of joint weakening occurs when bone tissue gets malnourished because a Vata imbalance over a period of time impacts circulation and efficient absorption of nutrients by various body tissues, including bone tissue.
Osteo Relief is an herbal formula based on the ayurvedic theory of nourishment, called santarpana. It helps support the health of bone tissue, pacifies Vyana Vata and balances Shleshaka Kapha.
Joints and Muscles System Guidelines
- Joint Soothe II massage oil, topically applied, helps enhance circulation and dislodge impurities in the joints.
- Take Osteo Relief herbal tablets to nourish the nerves, bones, joints and muscles for long-term support.
- Take Premium Amla Berry to help build muscle and promote total health.
- Follow the Joints & Muscles guidelines for diet and lifestyle.
Dietary and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Balanced digestion is important to avoid a buildup of impurities and improve nutrition of the joints and muscles. So avoid iced and carbonated drinks, which weaken digestion. And reduce stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol.
- Reduce heavy foods such as meat, dairy products and leftovers. They can contribute to a buildup of impurities around the joints or in the muscle tissue.
- Drink warm water throughout the day. This helps flush impurities and keep vital nutrients and energy flowing smoothly.
- Eat plenty of pure, organic foods such as sweet, juicy fruits like pears and plums.
- Cooked, bitter green vegetables such as kale and chard also are nourishing.
For a Vata-imbalance related joint problems, follow a Vata pacifying diet and lifestyle.
- Go to bed by 10:00 p.m. to aid the elimination of impurities, which occurs primarily between 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.
- Be careful not to overexert. Decrease the intensity and duration of exercise to stay within your comfort zone. A little bit of care will go a long way in helping the body rejuvenate the joints or muscles.
- Reduce raw foods such as salads, and cook with ginger, garlic and cumin to stimulate joint metabolism.
- To help reduce muscle strains, give yourself an ayurvedic oil massage (abhyanga) before vigorous exercise.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.