Shop by Health Goal: Fitness System
Many people exercise according to the old "no pain, no gain" rule. We push our bodies to exhaustion, thinking it's good for us. But is it really necessary to punish your body in order to be physically fit? It's true that exercise is vital for better health. But according to Maharishi Ayurveda, exercise should energize, not exhaust, the body. You should feel more vital and alive after exercise — not ready to collapse.
Make workouts more effective and enjoyable
If you tend to over-exercise, or if you simply want to get more out of your workouts, the Sports & Fitness System can help. It boosts the body's ability to repair itself and quickly recover from vigorous exercise. It can also help reduce injuries, increase your energy level and reduce body fat. Our Sports & Fitness System is designed for people who exercise vigorously at least two or three times a week. The system features potent herbal formulas that help restore energy during and after exercise and improve fat metabolism during exercise, which helps to reduce body fat. The formulas help maintain vitality and muscle tone; rejuvenate mind and body while increasing resistance to stress; and help build and repair muscle tissue. Unlike steroids or other performance-enhancing supplements, the Sports & Fitness System is completely natural and holistic.
Sports and Fitness System Guidelines
- For enhanced protein synthesis that leads to muscle support and rejuvenation, take Premium Amla Berry.
- To improve circulation and reduce the wear and tear from exercise, give yourself an oil massage with an Herbal Massage Oil before workouts. Choose from Moisturizing, Soothing or Stimulating.
- Follow the diet and lifestyle recommendations for the Sports & Fitness System.
Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Exercise only to 50% of your capacity. That's when you begin to breathe hard and break a sweat.
- Balanced digestion is important to nourish and revitalize the body. Avoid iced and carbonated drinks, which weaken digestion. Also reduce stimulants such as caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid fasting and restrictive diets, since they stress the body and decrease the flow of vital nutrients.
- Get enough rest. Go to bed by 10:00 p.m.
- The ayurvedic oil massage is especially good before workouts.
To Burn Fat
- When you're thirsty, take water and sweet juicy fruits, rather than sugary drinks or carbonated sodas.
- At meals, eat only until you are about ¾ full.
- Favor light, nutritious foods such as soups, vegetables and fruits.
For More Energy
Don't exercise on a completely empty stomach. If necessary, you can take some juice, milk or light fruit before you exercise.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.