Shop by Health Goal: Energy System
Do you wonder why some people sizzle with energy all day and you fizzle out by noon? Or why you need caffeine to keep you going? If you always seem to be tired, your body is not functioning normally. There are basically two types of fatigue. The more common type comes from the daily grind of overwork and stress. It's a balancing act to deal with our modern lifestyle, and it's easy to get worn out and overreact to challenging situations. The Vital Lady and Vital Man herbal formulas supply just the right support for the mind, emotions, nervous system, digestion and blood. The result is greater stamina and more flexibility in the way the mind and body cope with stress.
Chronic cellular fatigue
The second type of fatigue is a deeper, chronic concern. It occurs when tired, old cells outnumber energetic, new ones. Usually this is due to poor digestion and elimination, which leads to an imbalance in the flow of vital nutrients to the cells. When the process of cellular regeneration is in a slump, then tired, old cells accumulate along with fatigue, and new cell growth is inhibited.
Energy System Guidelines
- Take Vital Lady for day-to-day vitality and inner strength and to combat daily fatigue due to stress and hard work.
- Take Vital Man to overcome daily fatigue and strengthen the body's response to stressful situations.
- Premium Amla Berry is a traditional ayurvedic rejuvenative, recommended for overall well-being and vitality.
- Take Premium Amla Berry in addition to Vital Man or Vital Lady.
- Follow the Energy System guidelines for diet and lifestyle.
Dietary and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Get plenty of rest. Go to bed before 10:00 p.m. for a deeper quality of sleep.
- Avoid leftovers. Avoid carbonated and ice-cold drinks. They disrupt digestion.
- The Transcendental Meditation® program offers deep rest, eliminates accumulated stress and revitalizes the mind and body.
- Balance your diet and lifestyle according to the three ayurvedic principles — called Vata, Pitta and Kapha — that govern all aspects of the mind and body.
- Balance Vata when you are changeable, indecisive, fast moving or anxious, and prone to insomnia, dry skin and constipation.
- Balance Pitta when you are intense, critical, frustrated or angry, and prone to overwork, a ravenous appetite, acid indigestion, sensitive skin and excess body heat.
- Balance Kapha when you are lethargic, complacent or slow moving, and prone to easy weight gain, congestion, oily skin and oversleeping.
- Favor calming foods that are sweet, sour, salty, warm, heavy and oily.
- Reduce foods that are pungent, bitter, astringent, cold, light and dry.
- Establish a regular daily routine, go to bed early and keep warm, especially when the weather is cold and windy.
- Add the Organic Calming Spice Mix seasoning and Organic Vata Tea to your diet.
- Favor cooling foods that are sweet, bitter, astringent, cool, heavy and dry.
- Reduce foods that are pungent, sour, salty, hot, light and oily.
- Make time for leisure, don't skip meals and stay cool, especially when the weather is hot.
- Add the Organic Cooling Spice Mix seasoning and Organic Pitta Tea to your diet.
- Favor stimulating foods that are pungent, bitter, astringent, warm, light and dry.
- Reduce foods that are sweet, sour, salty, cold, heavy and oily.
- Seek variety and new things in life, don't overeat, exercise regularly and stay warm, especially when the weather is cold and damp.
- Add Organic Stimulating Spice Mix seasoning and Organic Kapha Tea to your diet.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.