Shop by Health Goal: Detoxification System
We don't like to think of our bodies as active toxic waste sites, but something like that happens. Toxins build up in your body faster than it can purify them. Pollution from air and water, food chemicals and preservatives, emotional stress and poorly-digested foods pile up, creating deposits of a substance ayurveda calls ama. Ama becomes a breeding ground for disease and sickness. It's similar to oil in a car that becomes thick and filled with sludge, ruining the engine. According to Maharishi Ayurveda, cleansing the body of toxins is essential for creating total health. One of the first questions an ayurvedic doctor will ask a patient is about their bowel movements. This is because daily elimination is essential to remove toxins.
Purifies and strengthens the whole body
The Detoxification System provides a natural, effective way to gently cleanse toxins from the body. While most internal cleansing programs purify the colon and digestive tract only, the Detoxification System does much more. It helps purify the liver, supports balanced fat metabolism, helps purify the sweat glands and the organs of elimination… reduces digestive impurities… curbs the buildup of impurities in fat and muscle tissue… promotes natural, effective elimination for greater health and vitality… strengthens the entire urinary tract and aids liver function, for pure blood and better absorption of nutrients. Start the Detoxification System and begin to feel renewed.
Detoxification System Guidelines
- Take Elim-Tox or Elim-Tox-O herbal tablets to detoxify the whole body. The Elim-Tox-O is recommended for persons who regularly have a Pitta imbalance — excessive stomach acid or heartburn.
- Use one of the following herbal supplements for targeted needs. (It is generally recommended that you take only one of Elim-Tox or Radiant Skin.)
- Clean the tongue each morning with the Tongue Cleaner.
- Follow the diet and lifestyle recommendations for the Detoxification System.
- Avoid preservatives and leftovers. If you eat foods that contain impurities, the body has to work harder.
- Avoid cold drinks, which reduce the digestive fire.
- Drink plenty of warm water.
- Eat sweet, juicy fruits (daily if possible).
- Avoid cigarette smoke, alcohol, drugs, chemicals, pollution and other toxins as much as possible.
- Go to bed by 10:00 p.m. so the body is at rest during the natural purification period from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.