Natural program puts you in control
The Cholesterol Protection System is a holistic program combining herbs and simple, yet effective, diet and lifestyle recommendations. Each step of the program helps balance cholesterol to improve your cardiovascular health.
Cholesterol System Guidelines
- Take Cholesterol Protection tablets. This nourishing blend of 14 herbs helps improve your body's natural ability to metabolize fat and cholesterol… helps improve liver functioning and bile secretion (which decreases cholesterol)… helps break down fatty foods and flushes bad cholesterol out of the system.
- Follow the Cholesterol Protection System guidelines for diet and daily routine.
- You may also take the Amrit herbal supplements. They dramatically decrease free radical damage, which helps keep the arteries clear and healthy. Amrit, both Nectar and Ambrosia, are at least 1,000 times more potent than vitamin C, vitamin E and the antioxidant drug, probucol, at reducing damage to LDL cholesterol. Choose Amrit Nectar Tablets if you are concerned about total cholesterol levels.
Dietary and Lifestyle Recommendations
- Include psyllium husk or high-fiber brans in your diet.
- Drink warm water throughout the day.
- If you crave sweets or feel thirsty, eat plenty of sweet, juicy fruits.
- Avoid citrus and excess salt.
- Season meals by cooking with turmeric, cumin, coriander, fennel and clove.
- Use clarified butter (ghee) as the oil in your diet. Whenever possible, sauté the spices in the ghee and then mix with your food.
- Reduce leftovers and heavy foods such as red meats and deep-fried foods.
- Never skip meals, because it can aggravate the liver and bile secretion.
- Exercise regularly, but moderately.
What is a Health Care System?
Health is not a one-size-fits-all commodity. For self care to be effective, it has to account for your particular health problems and be easy for you to understand and follow. Maharishi Ayurveda Self-Care Systems do just that. They help with key aspects of health: weight control, anxious feelings, fatigue, cholesterol balance, sleep issues and more.
Each Maharishi Ayurveda Self-Care System includes specific recommendations for diet, lifestyle and related herbal formulas. It's a natural step-by-step process that helps restore balance and create health.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.