Shop by Health Goal: Allergen System
The real problem with allergic reactions is not allergens, such as those from plants, pollen, chemicals or food. After all, many people don't suffer allergic reactions from these things. The problem lies in the body's reaction to allergens. Your body has effective natural defenses that protect it from allergens. But these defenses weaken when digestive impurities (ama) accumulate in the body. Then, an allergen will interact with the ama, causing an allergic reaction where the impurities are found. For example, when these impurities are in the skin, they can result in rashes or irritation. Impurities in the lungs cause breathing problems. Wherever they interact and interfere, these impurities make it hard for the cells to function properly. To solve the problem, you need to strengthen the body's purification system so it more effectively eliminates toxins.
Help the Body Build Resistance
The Allergy System™ does more than just treat the symptoms — it helps strengthen the body's normal functions and innate resistance to allergens by: supporting the liver — the body's filtration system; reducing toxic reactions; and improving digestion, which decreases the production of ama.
Allergen System Guidelines
- Take Aller-Defense. This potent herbal formula strengthens the body's natural resistance to allergens; helps the body block toxic reactions; reduces the impurities that lead to reactions; improves digestion; helps decrease sensitivity and increase comfort; and nourishes liver function.
- When an allergic reaction first flares up (usually the first two to three days), drink Organic Pitta Tea and season your meals with Organic Cooling Spice Mix to help decrease the severity of the reaction.
- When your body's defenses subdue the allergens and you begin to experience mucus and congestion, drink Organic Kapha Tea and season meals with Organic Stimulating Spice Mix.
- Follow the Allergen System diet and lifestyle recommendations.
- Take Amrit herbal supplements for total health and longevity. Scientific studies have shown that Amrit has a significant positive effect on the immune system, detoxification, the nervous system and free radical scavenging.
- Avoid eating leftovers. This produces digestive impurities (ama).
- Avoid carbonated or iced drinks which can slow digestion.
- For balanced nutrition, include the six ayurvedic tastes — sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent. Our churnas (ayurvedic seasonings) are an easy way to include all six tastes at every meal. Use Organic Cooling Spice Mix and Organic Pitta Tea during the initial reactive phase (usually the first 2-3 days), and then Organic Stimulating Spice Mix and Organic Kapha Tea when you begin to experience congestion and mucus.
- Drink plenty of warm liquids. They help clear impurities from the microcirculatory channels (shrotas).
- Respect your body's sensitivity and avoid known irritants.
- For better assimilation of vital nutrients, don't watch TV or read while eating. Focus on enjoying and savoring your meal.
- Go to bed by 10:00 p.m., so the body is at rest during the natural purification period from 10:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m.
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the tradition of ayurveda. This information is not intended for use in the diagnosis, treatment, cure or prevention of any disease. If you have any serious acute or chronic health concern, please consult a trained health professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a trained ayurvedic expert, call or e-mail us for the number of a physician in your area. Check with your doctor before taking herbs or using essential oils when pregnant or nursing.