Cholesterol-Balancing Spice Mix
- 3 parts ground turmeric
- 6 parts ground cumin
- 6 parts ground coriander
- 6 parts ground fennel
- 2 parts ground fenugreek
- 1 part dried powdered ginger
- 1 part ground black pepper
- Combine the spices and store in a sealed container.
- When preparing your meal, sauté a teaspoon of spices in a small amount of ghee or olive oil.
- Combine with vegetables or grains to give them a satisfying flavor and enhance digestion. Add salt to taste.
A word of caution: If you have a Pitta imbalance, start first by cooling Pitta dosha. Follow a low-oil Pitta-pacifying diet until your Pitta is in balance. Then use this spice mixture to help lower cholesterol.