Roasted Cumin Bread Dipping Oil
Forget the olive oil and rosemary — try the unique flavor of roasted cumin in delicious ghee!
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon coarsely-ground roasted cumin
- ½ teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast the cumin in a small pan on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally.
- As soon as the spice starts releasing its fragrance, remove pan from heat — the seeds will burn quickly!
- For the best aroma, roast and grind fresh each time you need some.
- Gently melt the ghee until it's a golden oil. Blend in the other ingredients.
- Serve with wedges of warm crusty bread.