Use as a spice on one food at every meal.
- Aids digestion and elimination without aggravating Pitta
- Improves regularity of elimination
- Helps control stomach acid
- Helps decrease digestive gas
- Dried pomegranate seeds — 8 teaspoons
- Rock salt (or some natural salt) — 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper powder — ¼ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds — 2 teaspoons
- Citric acid (or dried lemon juice) — ⅛ teaspoon
- Pure cane sugar (Sucanat or Florida Crystals are good) — 2-5 teaspoons
- Grind and powder all herbs and seeds separately.
- Mix the first two herbs together.
- Add one herb at a time, mixing well before adding another.
- Produces a powdered mixture.
- Store in an airtight container, for up to a month.
For grinding the pomegranate seeds, you will need a large grinder that can handle wet as well as dry herbs (you can find one at a gourmet cooking store).