Organic Rose Petal Tea Ring
A Healthy (But Delicious) Winter Treat
Looking for something new and sweet, but want to stick to your healthy resolutions too? Here's the perfect treat, made with pure, natural ingredients — like our certified Organic Rose Petal Spread, pure organic ghee and unadulterated Organic Rose Water, free of alcohol-based flavorings. Pamper your friends and family with this winter warmer of the most delectable kind. They will wonder when you became a gourmet chef!
- 2 packets of yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup organic unsweetened organic soy milk (or almond or rice milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic sugar
- ¼ cup organic ghee
- 4½ to 5½ cups of all-purpose organic wheat flour
- Lightly-greased baking sheet
- 16 ounces of Organic Rose Petal Spread
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Scald 1 cup of organic unsweetened soy milk and remove from heat. (Using cow's milk would not be recommended because, combined with the salt and yeast in this recipe, they are considered incompatible foods in ayurveda. However, almond milk or rice milk can also be used in place of the unsweetened soy milk.)
- Add salt, sugar, and ghee. Let cool. Add the dissolved yeast-and-water mixture to the cooled milk mixture.
- In a large bowl, place flour and gradually mix in the combined liquid.
- Mix and knead the dough to a soft firm-but-pliable, smooth consistency.
- Return to bowl and cover with plastic wrap and a towel and let rise in a warm place until double.
- Punch down and roll out to a rectangle shape, approximately ⅛" thick. Spread lightly with ghee.
- Spread with Organic Rose Petal Spread.
- Roll lengthwise, then join the ends to make a ring.
- Place on a lightly-greased baking sheet.
- Using shears or a sharp small knife, make slices ¾ of the way through the ring, spaced 1 inch apart. Bake at 325 °F for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with Maharishi Ayurveda teas.