Holiday Harvest Dressing
- 1 loaf cracked wheat bread
- ½ cup dried apricots, quartered
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4-5 stalks celery, finely diced
- ½ cup of ghee
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Kapha Churna
- 24 oz. of vegetable broth
- ¾ cup of water
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. rubbed sage
- 2 onions, chopped (optional)
- Grated Romano for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Spread bread on a large baking sheet and place in the oven to dry.
- After about 10 minutes, remove from oven. Bread should be dry.
- If needed, bake a little longer until fully dry.
- When finished, tear the pieces by hand into a large rectangular casserole dish.
- Add the water, sprinkle the bread with the chopped walnuts and mix together.
- In a large saucepan, add the ghee and olive oil.
- Bring to a medium-high heat and add the Organic Kapha Churna and rubbed sage.
- After the churna has been integrated into the oil, add the celery, onion (if desired), and apples.
- Sauté ingredients for several minutes until all are well coated in the spices.
- Add the vegetable broth to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender.
- After cooking, pour mixture carefully over the dried bread-and-walnut mixture.
- Salt and pepper the top to taste and sprinkle the Romano.
- Raise the oven temperature to 400 °F and cover the casserole tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then uncover and bake for 10 more minutes until the cheese is lightly browned.