Celestial Cilantro Chutney
By Monica Kar
- 1 bunch fresh green organic cilantro leaves
- Lemon or lime juice
- Sea salt
- Jalapeño pepper (optional) - cut
- Cut the bunch of cilantro leaves roughly into 2 or 3 segments. Fill a mixing bowl with water and wash in this water. Change the water at least once.
- Put all leaves in your blender. Add jalapeño pepper, if using, and sea salt. Add a little lime or lemon juice at a time, enough to blend the leaves to make a paste.
- Voila! Cilantro chutney is ready. Enjoy with paranthas, in sandwiches, burritos, etc.
Did you know the cilantro leaf is the world's best natural diuretic? It cleanses the kidneys and cools Pitta. For this reason, the juice of the leaves is sometimes used as an eye drop, when there is too much Pitta in the eyes, especially in very warm climates!!