Vegetarian Noodle Soup
A delicious recipe for a meat-free noodle soup.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- 1 chopped medium onion (optional)
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato, diced
- 1 medium parsnip, diced
- 1-inch piece ginger, grated
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, minced
- 1 sprig parsley, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- Cooked noodles to taste
- Vegetable broth, 4-6 cups
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee or oil in a large soup pot. Sauté onions, ginger, and celery until onions are transparent.
- Add vegetable broth, parsnips, carrot, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, parsley, and thyme. Bring to boil and then lower to medium. Cook for about one hour.
- Add salt and pepper. To serve, put one heaping spoon of noodles in bowl and pour soup over the noodles. Serve hot.