Vata-Pitta Balancing Soup
- 1 cup finely-diced zucchini
- 1 cup finely-diced pumpkin
- 1 cup thinly-cut green beans
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- ¾ cup finely-diced peeled carrots
- ¼ cup moong dhal
- ½ inch fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon of mustard seeds, sautéed in a tiny amount of ghee until they pop
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of ground coriander
- Fresh herbs such as parsley, mint, and rosemary to taste
- Boil vegetables and dhal in two quarts purified water. Skim foam from top.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer with pot partially covered for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat and keep covered for 10 minutes.