Sweet Pumpkin Soup
- 4 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced in 1" or 2" pieces (width and length)
- 1 Tablespoon tamarind paste
- ½ cup red, yellow and green pepper pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 10 teaspoons Sucanat sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with ½ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon organic ghee
- 1-2 teaspoons Organic Vata Churna Calming Spice Mix
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon fresh, chopped cilantro
- Curry leaves or 1-2 bay leaves to taste
- Dissolve tamarind paste into one quart of water. Add pumpkin, salt, turmeric, pepper pieces and Sucanat.
- Cook until the pumpkin is soft.
- Five minutes prior to the end of cooking, add cornstarch mixture to the soup and then continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Heat ghee, churna, mustard seeds, cilantro and curry leaves (or bay leaves) in a pan, being careful not to brown.
- Add to soup. Mix well.