Steamed Cabbage Salad
Here's a delicious recipe for steamed cabbage salad. It will have a cooling effect due to the presence of Organic Pitta Churna, a spice mix available from vpk® by Maharishi Ayurveda.
- 2 cups thinly-shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 1 mild green chili, chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Pitta Churna
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- Lightly steam cabbage for 5-8 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, coconut, cashews, green chili, lemon juice and cilantro. Add salt to taste.
- Heat the ghee in a small pan. Add the mustard seeds. As they pop, add the Organic Pitta Churna to the ghee and remove from heat.
- Pour over the salad mixture and toss well.