Quinoa and Chickpea Salad
This Quinoa Chickpea cooked salad is especially good during the spring Kapha season, as it is balancing for Kapha. Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are sweet and cooling, and relieve both Pitta and Kapha. Quinoa is an excellent source of protein and is considered balancing to all three doshas. Those trying to balance Vata may try seasoning this salad recipe with a little ghee and Organic Vata Churna.
- ¼ cup quinoa or other grain
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ½ cup organic corn kernels
- ½ cup organic green peas
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse ¼ cup of quinoa well, place it in a pot with 1 cup of water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Cook and drain the chickpeas, and bring to room temperature.
- Lightly steam corn kernels and green peas.
- Combine all ingredients in a salad bowl, except lime juice and olive oil. Mix the oil and lime juice, pour over salad and toss.