- 1 lb. fresh organic spinach
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- A few pinches of black salt
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup split mung beans
- 4 cups water
- Heat mung beans (dry) in skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Boil water separately.
- Add mung beans to water, and stir briefly.
- Reduce heat and boil about 20 minutes, until mung beans are tender — soft.
- Add the turmeric, coriander, cumin, and ginger.
- Clean the spinach and lightly steam it for 2-3 minutes. In a blender add the dhal and spinach.
- Blend for only 2-3 seconds, just enough to distribute the spinach throughout the dhal without turning it into liquid.
- Pour into serving bowls. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and a pinch of black salt. Serve it with rice or a chapati.