Oriental Rice and Nut Salad
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 4-6 chestnuts, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup toasted almonds, halved
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice and allow to cool to room temperature. Add all the salad ingredients and seeds and nuts.
- Mix up the salad dressing and pour the dressing over the salad. Serve at room temperature.