Mango and Basmati Salad
Serves 4 as a side dish, 2 as a main dish
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 mango
- ½ daikon radish
- ¼ cup roasted cashews
- 2 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Wash rice and place in a medium-size pot with water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes, until the rice absorbs all the water.
- Fluff with a fork and let it cool to room temperature.
- While the rice is cooking, cut the mango flesh away from the pit, then peel and cut into cubes. Place the cubed mango in a large bowl.
- Peel daikon radish, quarter it lengthwise and slice thinly. Add to mango along with the cashews and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour some Mango Dressing or your favorite dressing over the salad, and toss until completely combined.