Hearty Vegetable Stew
Recipe courtesy of Chef Jorgé Bruce Caughman
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 medium turnip, chopped
- ½ head cabbage, shredded
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp. Better Than Bouillon vegetable base, seasoned vegetable stock or vegetable broth
- 12 oz. diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. ghee with garlic, fennel, and basil
- Salt, pepper, rosemary to taste
- Sauté vegetables in ghee until beginning to soften.
- Add water and vegetable base and bring to boil.
- Add tomatoes and spices and simmer for half an hour until vegetables are done but not mushy.
Chef Jorgé Bruce Caughman is the author of Chef Jorgé Cooks with Ghee (scheduled for release in Fall 2000), appears regularly on QVC and produces his own cable show, "Hollywood's Cooking," in L.A.