Fresh Bean Sprout Soup
- 1 carrot chopped in ½-inch pieces
- 2 sticks of celery chopped in ½-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp. ghee
- ½ teaspoon ajwain seeds (available at Indian grocery stores)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 inch fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cups fresh mung sprouts
- 3 cups fresh lentil sprouts or other sprouts of your choice
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stainless steel soup pot, melt the ghee. Add mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add the cumin and ajwain seeds.
- After one minute add the fresh ginger, celery, and carrots. Cook for 5 minutes and then add the sprouts.
- Stir and cook for several minutes. Then add the vegetable stock and tomatoes.
- Slowly bring to a boil and then back to a slow rolling boil. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Purée in a blender and garnish with fresh sprouts.