Creamy Loki Soup
This ayurvedic recipe for creamy loki soup is sure to please. Loki is a calabash squash with a nutty and delicate flavor and a firmer and crisper texture than other squash.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 medium-size loki squash, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon Maharishi Ayurveda Pitta Churna
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- Pinch of saffron
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ ounce minced fresh basil
- ⅛ ounce minced fresh dill
- Black pepper
- Sauté spices and churna in ghee for 30 seconds. Add flour and cook for 2 more minutes. Add loki and water, cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- Put the soup in a blender, add salt, pepper and herbs, and purée until smooth. Serve warm in the winter and at room temperature in the summer.