Cream of Vegetable Soup
Here's an ayurvedic recipe for vegetable soup that your family will enjoy. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of fresh, home-cooked meals to promote health and longevity.
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 teaspoons Maharishi Ayurveda Vata Churna
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- ½ cup mung dhal
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Wash mung dhal; wash and chop vegetables.
- Heat ghee in a large pot and sauté Organic Vata Churna.
- Add vegetables, dhal and water. Boil, then simmer on low for 25 minutes. Take off heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine soup, salt, paprika, parsley and pepper. Purée until smooth. Add more water if necessary.