This delicious and easy-to-prepare salad is loaded with fantastic flavors and packed with nutrition. Organic Pitta Churna creates a cooling effect that complements the fresh, pure ingredients, and will take the bite out of that summer heat. The perfect addition to family meals, or parties and potlucks, this dish will be a hit!
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Pitta Churna Cooling Spice Mix
- 1½ cups couscous
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 medium-size cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 daikon radish, peeled and diced
- 2 pieces of corn on the cob, steamed, kernels removed
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 sweet apple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Sauté churna in ghee for 30 seconds. Add couscous and roast for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add water and salt, bring to a boil, cover and turn heat off. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Place couscous in a large bowl, add olive oil and keep fluffing it every 10 minutes while it cools down to prevent sticking.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.