Carrot and Orange Salad
Here's a healthful recipe for carrot and orange salad. According to ayurveda, you should eat as many fresh, home-prepared meals as possible to promote good health and longevity.
- 1 pound carrots, finely grated
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon ginger preserve
- Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut away the peel, white pith and outer membrane from ONE orange. To separate the segments from the inner membranes, slice down to the core with a sharp knife on either side of the segment and set the segments aside.
- Grate 1 teaspoon of the peel of the second orange and squeeze the juice out of the whole orange. Whisk peel, orange juice and ginger preserve together in the bowl. Add carrots and mix well.
- Add the orange segments and the dill, and gently toss the salad.