Bulgur and Fennel Salad
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 fennel bulbs, finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- ¼ red pepper, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Finely-grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Seeds from one fresh pomegranate
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Place bulgur wheat in bowl and pour enough cold water over it to cover. Let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- Drain wheat through a sieve. Lightly steam the fennel bulbs and pepper and allow to cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Let it stand for 30 minutes before serving.