Baked French Fries
Recipes excerpted with permission from the book Super Healthy Kids: A Parent's Guide to Maharishi Ayurveda by Kumuda Reddy, M.D. and Linda Egenes
- 4 organic Idaho baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or ghee
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅓ teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 ˚F. Peel and cut like French fries.
- In a large bowl, add potatoes and sprinkle with oil, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until well coated. Place potatoes on cookie sheet and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Turn with a spatula after 25 minutes.