Chef Mosa at the Maharishi Ayurveda Health Center in Lancaster, Massachusetts
- 1 cup finely-shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 pinch hing
- 1 pinch gharam masala
- 1 pinch cumin powder
- 1 pinch coriander powder
- Sunflower oil, enough to deep-fry
Instructions for preparation
- Mix above ingredients (except the oil).
- Over high flame, heat oil in a wok or deep-dish pot for about 5-10 minutes.
- When hot, drop the batter (1 Tbsp. each) into the oil and reduce heat to medium flame.
- Turn the balls and remove when they turn brown.
- Keep all balls in a separate dish.