Serve these flavorful cutlets for brunch or breakfast. A healthy mix of Vata-balancing vegetables and spices, they can be served with soft bread rolls.
- 4 large potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup finely-shredded carrots
- ½ cup finely-shredded beets
- 1 cup green peas
- ½ cup finely-chopped green beans
- ½ cup cooked whole red lentils
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped cilantro
- 3 teaspoons Organic Vata Churna
- Ghee for shallow frying
- Mango chutney or ginger preserve as accompaniment
- Steam the carrots, beets, beans and peas for 8-10 minutes (the color of the beets will run, but it won't show in the final product).
- Drain of all moisture. In a large mixing bowl, add all the cutlet ingredients except the bread crumbs.
- Using your hand, knead the mixture to remove any lumps and to crush the vegetables.
- Shape into patties, coat lightly with the bread crumbs and shallow-fry on medium heat in ghee on both sides until a rich golden brown.
- Serve with a generous dollop of mango chutney or ginger preserve and bread rolls.