- 15-20 young organic carrots
- 1½ teaspoons organic ghee
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt to taste
- Young leaves parsley for garnish
- Peel and wash the carrots. Since these carrots have so much sweetness, we add only a little extra taste.
- In a frying pan, heat the ghee on medium-high and add the carrots — I do not cut these as they are not very large, but you can cut them into approximately 2" long matchsticks.
- Stir so that all the carrots get some of the ghee. Add salt and lower the heat slightly.
- Cover the pan tightly for a few minutes so that the carrots "sweat" a little but do not become limp.
- Take off the cover and add the cumin. Stir once.
- Turn off the heat, garnish with parsley leaves and enjoy with a fresh chapati!
You can add fresh young asparagus to this if you want — it is delicious! Just remember, the vegetables should not become too soft and limp. You want a good amount of crunch to them! The asparagus can be cut on a bias in lengths of about 2" each.