This tasty recipe for stir-fried carrots is a perfect dish to serve with basmati rice or your favorite grain. Fresh, home-cooked foods are strongly recommended by ayurveda to promote vibrant health and longevity.
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons ginger preserve
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Maharishi Ayurveda Vata Churna
- Peel the carrots and cut them into two-inch-long, thin, matchstick-like stripes.
- Blanch the carrots in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes, then drain.
- Heat a wok or a large frying pan until moderately hot and add the ghee. Put in the carrots and stir-fry for about 4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Serve with basmati rice or your favorite grain.