Spinach, Panir and Walnuts
This recipe for spinach, panir and walnuts is great with penne pasta or a cooked grain. Ayurveda recommends fresh, home-cooked meals in order to promote vibrant health and longevity.
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- ¾ pound panir (fresh cheese)
- 1 bunch spinach
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 teaspoons Maharishi Ayurveda Vata Churna
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ghee in a large frying pan. Dice panir and fry in ghee for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Wash the spinach and remove the stems from the leaves.
- When the panir is done, remove from the pan and set it aside. Add spinach leaves to the pan and fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the leaves are wilted and most of the water is gone, stir in panir, walnuts and Vata Churna, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with penne pasta or a cooked grain.