Spicy Green Kale with Toasted Pine Nuts
For a vegetable that goes well with couscous, try this tasty recipe for spicy green kale with toasted pine nuts. Fresh, home-cooked meals are highly recommended by ayurveda to promote vibrant health and longevity.
- 1 bunch green kale (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 teaspoons Maharishi Ayurveda Kapha Churna
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Wash kale, remove hard stems, and cut leaves into ¼-inch stripes. Place in a large pot, add water and steam for 30 minutes, until tender.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Place pine nuts on a cookie sheet and toast in oven for about 5 minutes.
- Drain kale in a colander. Rinse and dry the pot. Melt ghee in the same pot, add Organic Kapha Churna and sauté for 30 seconds. Add kale and salt, and stir for two minutes on low heat until all leaves are coated with ghee and spices. Sprinkle with black pepper and pine nuts. Serve with couscous.