Here's an ancient secret that meets today's ayurvedic dietary needs and tastes delicious too — rice! Enjoy this tasty, nourishing rice recipe.
- ½ cup rice
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp. ghee
- Rinse rice with water. Boil water. Add rice and ghee, stir once, turn heat down to low and cover.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until rice is fluffy and water is almost evaporated. Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put rice into serving dish. Lightly fluff with fork.
Spicing Your Rice:
- Prepare rice by following the steps above, but omit the ghee.
- Heat ghee to melting in a separate pan. It is done when a tiny drop of water sputters across the top of the ghee.
- Put your recommended spice blend in the ghee.
- Heat and stir until the spices release a sudden burst of aroma. Put into rice, mix gently and serve immediately.