Roasted Winter Squash and Peppers
from Heaven’s Banquet by Miriam Kasin Hospodar
An exciting change for those accustomed to tasting winter squash with sweet flavorings. Although you can use any type of winter squash, kabocha squash works particularly well.
- 5 cups winter squash, peeled and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 cups red bell peppers cut into 1" chunks
- ¼ cup ghee with garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary leaves
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 °F.
- Place the squash, peppers, ghee, lemon juice and rosemary in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss together well.
- Spread evenly in a covered casserole and bake until the squash is tender, about one hour.
- Remove the cover. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the vegetables and return to the oven for another 10 minutes.