Here's a tasty polenta recipe, flavored with Organic Kapha Churna — a spice mix available from vpk® by Maharishi Ayurveda. Cooking you own meals from scratch goes a long way toward promoting health and longevity.
- 3 Tbsp. ghee
- ½ Tbsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Kapha Churna
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups water
- 2 small zucchini, quartered and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup dry polenta
- In a medium pot, add the first five ingredients and bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes covered.
- When time is finished, slowly add the polenta, stirring constantly to keep it from sticking. Lower the heat to a low simmer and cover.
- Return and stir the mixture every few minutes for the next half hour. The polenta will bubble, so be careful not to burn yourself.
- When the mixture is thick, remove from the heat. Lightly spread some ghee into a favorite bowl, covering the bottom and sides, and pour the polenta mixture into the bowl. Smooth the top with a spoon and let stand for 10 minutes.
- The polenta will solidify enough to then turn out onto a plate for presentation. Crack some fresh black pepper over the top of the finished dish and serve immediately.
Recipe by Dennis Boatright