Okra with Coconut
Here's a delicious way to serve okra — with a sauce made with almonds, coconut and Organic Pitta Churna (a spice mixture available from vpk® by Maharishi Ayurveda). Try this tasty ayurvedic recipe soon.
- 1 lb. of okra
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Pitta Churna
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- ⅔ cup plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. almonds, chopped
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup grated coconut
- Cut of the ends of the okra and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Bake the okra in a lightly-greased pan with the water at 350 °F, covered.
- Toast nuts and coconut for 3 minutes, add yogurt and mix in the Organic Pitta Churna and salt.
- Remove okra from the oven and mix gently with the sauce and serve. Enjoy!