Lime Brussels Sprouts
For a tasty way to enjoy the health benefits of Brussels sprouts, try this delicious lime Brussels sprouts recipe. Fresh, home-cooked meals are highly recommended by ayurveda as a means of promoting health and longevity.
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon Vata Churna
- ¼ cup fresh minced parsley
- Juice of 1 lime
- Freshly-ground black pepper
- Wash Brussels sprouts and cut off the hard stems on the bottom. Steam for 5 minutes.
- Melt ghee in a skillet and sauté Vata Churna for 30 seconds. Stir in sprouts and coat them evenly with ghee and spices. Cover and simmer on low-medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Sprouts should be slightly crunchy in the middle.
- Stir in parsley, lime juice, salt and pepper and serve immediately.