Try this delicious recipe for kichari — a very nourishing mix of rice and mung dhal. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of eating fresh, home-cooked meals whenever possible in order to promote health and longevity.
- ¼ cup split mung dhal
- ¼ cup basmati rice
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tsp. ghee
- 1 tsp. lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp. Maharishi Ayurveda Organic Vata, Organic Pitta, or Organic Kapha Churna
- 1 tsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- Salt to taste
- Rinse rice and dhal. Add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low boil and continue cooking for about 55 minutes or longer if you wish a thicker consistency.
- In a separate pan, heat the ghee.
- Add the churna and sauté briefly, about 30 seconds or until aroma is let off.
- Add to rice and dhal. Add salt, lemon juice and cilantro. Stir well.